Parents Supervise, Lifeguards Save Lives
Your safety is very important to us and while there are lifeguards on hand, we ask you to follow these steps to help ensure your safety in and around our aquatic areas.
Active Supervision Policy
Auckland Council/Belgravia Child Supervision Policy
You MUST be 12 years or over to be in this facility by yourself.
Children 4 years and under
Children 4 years and under must be accompanied in the pool and within arm’s reach of a caregiver 17 years or older at all times.
Children aged between 5 and 11 years old
Children aged between 5 and 11 years old must be actively supervised by a caregiver 17 years or older
Active supervision means watching the child at all times and being able to provide immediate help. The caregiver must be close enough to
- See the child
- Be seen by the child
- Hear the child
- Be heard by the child
Minimum adult to child ratios
There must be a minimum of:
- One adult to two children 4 years and under
- One adult to four children aged between 5 and 11 years
- One adult to one child 4 years and under and three children aged between 5 and 11 years old
If you aren’t able to meet the minimum adult to child supervision ratio you will be denied entry to the facility.
- Tell a staff member if you are a Non-Swimmer, we’re here to help!
- It’s ok to admit you are a non-swimmer, be recognised and survive
- Wear a water safety orange wrist band while in the water to be recognised by lifeguards
- Swim within safe depths according to your ability
- Never swim in deep water if you are a Non-Swimmer
- Be aware of drop zones in pools and abrupt depth change areas
- Swim with a friend or companion
If you wish to improve your swimming ability to be safe in and around water, please contact us.